Thursday, June 28, 2018

July Release: Not Giving Into Society's Conformity

First, I apologize for the delay in this blog post as it was supposed to be released this month. I won't bore you with a bunch of excuses but just know, it will be released next month; so please bear with me.

Now, I will still be taking a bit of a break from the "T.I.M.B.S." series. But, it is so I can discuss the concept of how we, at times, succumb and conform to society's norms, and in the process, lose a bit of our individuality and freedom as we make a change to follow what everyone else is doing. The focus will not necessarily be condemning everything society calls normal as bad, because that is not the case. The purpose is to talk through how we can withstand the culture of conformity, and stay true to who we are. I feel like this is an important topic because everyday, I see people give in to what society deems right, or the norm, and they feel the strong urge to adhere to its ways. Therefore, I didn't want to rush releasing this post until I felt it sufficiently encompassed the topic because I, too, have been that person that conformed when society gave a push. So keep a lookout and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment