Monday, April 16, 2018

May Releases: The Aftermath of My Fast of Solitude

For those who don't know, for about 5 months (starting in November), I was on a fast from people (some would call it a hiatus). The purposes behind this time of solitude were to reevaluate where I was in my life, take a break from the demands of life, and focus on myself to pinpoint the areas of my life in which I needed to grow after graduating college. I realized that even though I'd accomplished a lot, there was still a lot that didn't make sense, and I was still questioning what my future would hold. By going on this fast, I got a lot of answers, was able to re-energize my mind, body, and spirit, and I came out with a new, refreshed mindset.

Part of the reason it's taken so long to release this post is because it's been challenging trying to sum up everything I learned from the fast and relay it in a post. So I apologize for the delay. Now if I'm being transparent, things didn't go perfectly. I made mistakes and even had contact a few times with people at low points when I thought I was on the verge of depression because I'd never done something as drastic as cut myself from people completely. But nonetheless, it was extremely beneficial, and I am glad I took that step. So be on the lookout this month for my post that recaps my experience. And I apologize ahead of time if it's a bit long but come on, it was 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment